Relationship HQ is a place that exists to nurture vibrant human connection so that anyone we serve feels whole, seen and celebrated in the mirror and in the world. We are dedicated to centering the growth and healing of POC + LGBTQ people and do so through a menu of offerings designed to strengthen the identity, emotional resilience, racial consciousness, and interpersonal relationships of our clients across personal and professional domains of life.
Our growing team is in search of a Clinical Director who can oversee all aspects of clinical services, supervise clinical staff, lead programming innovation, and tend to the culture/internal health of the organization. This candidate would attend to the culture of the organization as well as the emotional, educational and cultural needs of the clinical team in aims of ensuring that the RHQ team consistently delivers high quality, racially-conscious, identity-affirming, and culturally-informed care. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations and provides clinical oversight to the team while ensuring all policies, procedures, and programs are consistent with the values of Relationship HQ.
This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about the growth and healing of people of color and LGBTQ people, feels the audacity to re-imagine what growth and healing looks like inside and outside of psychotherapy, especially for QT/POC communities, and identifies as a leader, teacher or healer. Additionally, our candidate would be enthusiastic about building and managing relationships, hold anti-racist values, and be dedicated to leading and practicing from an anti-oppression lens. Because we are who we serve, we can only seriously consider racially conscious, queer/trans affirming candidates who identify with these communities and/or have strong experience working with queer/trans and POC communities. Finally, our ideal candidate would have the ability to develop, plan and implement strategies for continued growth of the practice in coordination with the Executive Director and Director of Operations.
· Provide direct clinical care to individuals, couples and families utilizing an anti-oppressive lens
· Design presentation content and deliver presentations
· Oversee all aspects of clinical services
· Regularly provide clinical staff and interns with emotionally engaging/responsive supervision and culturally relevant training and opportunities for continuous development
· Build the team’s cohesiveness and manage internal health of the team/culture of the practice
· Lead the team to innovate and produce programming for our client base
· Support execution of programming
· Oversee administrative operations related to clinical care
· Develop, plan and implement strategies to foster and manage growth of clinical services
· Work closely with Executive Director and Director of Operations
· Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards
· Represent Relationship HQ in the community and other professional environments
· Lead hiring, orientation, scheduling, note completion, and feedback for the clinical team
Must be licensed in NY to provide psychotherapy and ideally, hold a doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or social work
At least 1 year in a supervisory or leadership capacity; 3-4 years post-graduate experience is a plus
Strong experience providing trauma informed care/treatment and a working understanding of sociocultural trauma
Availability to work at least 2 evenings
Experience working with systems, i.e., couples and/or families
Experience working with communities of color and queer people; specific experience with T/GNC population is a plus
Excellent communication and people skills
Strong capacity and willingness to be emotionally attuned and responsive with clients and staff
Excellent knowledge of standards and regulations for clinical care; Experience with managed care/insurance companies or Article 31 is a plus
Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively using critical thinking skills
While this is a remote position to start, this role will eventually require full time office presence once staff returns
Paid Time Off: 10 paid vacation days which accrues from employee start date, with 5 additional paid vacation days added every 5th year service anniversary.
401K/Retirement Savings Plan: After one year, employees are eligible for the following annual allocation:
○ 100% match on contributions up to 3% of eligible pay
○ 50% match on contributions in excess of 3%, up to 5% of eligible pay
Health Insurance: RHQ does not currently offer employee health insurance, but in your role as Clinical Director, you will help influence the offering and plan specifications for a future roll out.